Saturday, March 24, 2018

A Day at Liberty Mountain Resort... What is it like???

For all those who know me well, know that I am not a fan of snow, buuuut, I made an effort and went Snow Tubing at the Liberty Mountain Resort in Pennsylvania.

 Liberty Mountain Resort Snow Tubing

So if you are wondering why I chose Snow Tubing as a fun activity even though I don't like snow; my sister and her family invited my son and I along on their trip and I said, "why not?" It is good to try good things as least once and of course you will have not only the memory, but also the experience to share as how I am sharing it with you right now on The Vlogging Truth. As for the cost of the tickets, my brother-in-law got some sort of Navy discount as he is in the Navy and pre-paid $30 for each ticket per person. Apparently, the facility doesn't only accommodate activities such as Snow Tubing, but also, Snow Boarding, Skiing, Rock Climbing and many other snow and adventure sports. My sister and her family did snow boarding the last time they went, BUUUT, their son was the only one who actually Snow Boarded as they sat and watched him the entire time as to avoid participating and having to take on the risk of breaking anything. Haha. As a result, they decided that on this trip, Snow Tubing would have been pretty basic and far less complex where EVERYONE could participate and enjoy.

Liberty Mountain Resort Snow Tubing

 Liberty Mountain Resort Snow Tubing

First of all, Snow Tubing is more basic than what you may think it is, but before I get to that let me start talking about the experience from the very beginning.

We got there at around noon and on that Saturday, it wasn't snowing in that area at the time. I honestly expected the place to look like Aspen. Snoooow everywhere, but the only place I saw snow was waaaaay up on a hill. I was like, where is the snow? lol. We had even contemplated visiting another location that sold the idea of looking like Aspen well, but we ended up staying as apparently all you need for Snow Tubing is a hill with some snow and now you are probably wondering where did the snow come from if it wasn't snowing or didnt't snow! There are these machines on the sides and top and bottom of the hill that makes snow and then spits it out on the hill. According to my dad, "that type of snow isn't organic." Haha.

 Liberty Mountain Resort Snow Tubing

There is a generous amount of parking as soon as you enter the facility. I even saw a charging outlet for those rechargeable cars and I saw a car being charged on it too. The parking areas were very slushy and muddy also, but that didn't phase persons, because it is not like the activities were dry activities and persons came in snow shoes which by far are one of the best types of shoes of that type of environment.

We took a shuttle up to the Snow Tubing section where we had to sign some forms basically giving rights away in case of an accident during activities on the compound. The feeling of the place is very movie like. Although there wasn't a great quantity of snow, it really did feel like I was in Aspen with my rich family vacationing. Hehe. We grabbed our tubes at the beginning of the line to head on over to the lift that takes you to the very top of the hill. Now don't let that lift fool you, because if you don't stand on it with one foot forward and the other foot to the back and then turn sideways, you will, loose your balance.

 Liberty Mountain Resort Snow Tubing

After we got to the top, everyone formed lines to then wait their turn to be either pushed, or spun down the hill. You can even race with friends, by jumping into your tube headway and then using your entire body weight to slide down the hill pretty fast. Only one person per a lane is allowed every time though. There are at least eight lanes across the hill. I guess it is extremely dangerous for individuals to go one after the other. I will warn you about that spin down the hill. You don't wanna try it on your first go as I did. My hat came off my head and my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus almost flew right out my hand.

In total, going up the hill using the lift, waiting your turn to go down the hill on the tube and getting to the bottom of the hill takes an average of half an hour. We thought that we would have been there getting tired of the hill, but with the amount of time it takes before you can actually get your turn, you will wonder where all the time went. Sooooo, we noticed that persons stopped using the lift to get back up to the top of the hill and actually used the other side of the hill to walk up. Many of the kids ran up until they grew weary, but that way was much faster than using the lift. In total, I only had 3 turns and then my hands started to get numb from the snow and oh, it did started snowing eventually.

Overall the facility is clean and from the looks of the fast food, that seemed great also. We didn't purchase any food, but the setup looked like a great fast food joint that served fried chicken wings, sodas, etc.

We didn't have much interaction with staff, only until they spun those who wanted to be spun down the hill or pushed. The facility sells all gears needed for activities, but they seemed pricey. All in all, the day was good and although I am not fan of snow, I did have a whale of a time.

Be sure to watch my YouTube Vlog on my day at Liberty Mountain Resort by clicking on the video below.



My Paypal and Email address dennygirljo@gmail.com
Clueless Tech Finds https://www.youtube.com/c/cluelesstechfinds
Black Hair OMG https://www.youtube.com/c/blackhairomg
Clueless Tech Finds https://www.youtube.com/c/cluelesstechfinds

Let's Connect:
Twitter: @DennygirlJO
Instagram: @DennygirlJO
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dennygirljo
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/dennygirljo 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment