Friday, October 21, 2016

Now that you say it like that, I am beginning to understand men a bit more!

A few nights ago I was hanging with a friend. A male friend. He is very honest and straight forward  with me on most things. Many times he has come to my home when I wasn't looking my best or in the freshest state. He would always say that I should make an effort to look and smell nice. I always made excuses about how tired I was after work or just plain busy to make that effort.

Recently, I decided to start taking heed to the things that friend has been recommending and I noticed that when I look my best and smell like it too, his spirit is lifted. He communicates more cheerfully and he is just in bliss, unaware to himself.
One day I said to him, "I notice that when I look my best and smell it too, it makes you happy. Very cheerful rather." He said of course it would. How else do you expect me to respond? Then he used himself as an example. He said what if I came around you looking a hot mess and not smelling my best, would you be overly excited about that? Or what if I chose not to go to the barber? How would you feel about my appearance? The moment he said those things it made so much more sense and the truth is that I never really and truly looked at it that way...

I decided to put what he said in theory, to a test. My girlfriend sometimes is so busy she doesn't have enough time to go to the hairdresser and her boyfriend would tell her that there are other busy women out there too who are just as busy, but find the time to get their hair done. My girlfriend thought that her man was being unreasonable, so I decided to call her long after we had the discussion at impromptu. When she answered the phone I asked, "How would you feel if your man decided not go to the barber for 2 months?" These were her words exactly, "Then he would look like shit. I'm sorry, that's the truth." I smiled and replied and said, "Then that is the exactly the way he feels when you don't get your hair done for 2 months." 

She admitted, that when it is put like that, then it is true. Life is full of so many perspectives. Sometimes we must try our best in understanding how others feel or see things differently from us or in relation in order for us to get along with them.

I will say that I am one step closer in understanding my male companions at large. 


Let's Connect:
Twitter: @JosephineDenny_
Instagram: @JosephineDenny
Facebook: Josephine Denny
Snap Chat Josephine Denny

No comments:

Post a Comment