Sunday, November 13, 2016

AFRO KINKY CROCHET Natural Hairstyle on a 2 Strand Twist Out PIN UP

Hello Everyone. Now I have a confession. I am obsessed with long hair and I always wanted to get ground breaking information on how I could grow my hair longer without using a chemical straightener. 



I follow The Chic Natural on YouTube and I realized that all of a sudden her hair just started getting longer than it usually could and thicker. She finally came out and said that one of the reasons for that is because of the many protective styles that she has been wearing. Although I am not a fan of protective styling, I do believe that it can aid in allowing your hair to grow longer. You can watch her video called How To GROW HAIR Long, Thick & Healthy FAST! (4 easy steps) by clicking here.

I chose to use the Afro Kinky hair, because I wanted this style to resemble my natural hair as best as possible. 

Products used in this tutorial:
. Afro Kinky Bulk in the colour 1B 12" http://amzn.to/2eRyHDG
. Afro Kinky Bulk in the colour 1B 20" http://amzn.to/2fLdJbk
. Crochet Latch Hook Needle 
Vinandra Health Solutions Shea Butter Hair and Scalp Oil (Call 1876-829-2430 to purchase)
. Shampoo Comb http://amzn.to/2eRFU6l
. Comb http://amzn.to/2g4QUTY
. Jumbo Hair Pins http://amzn.to/2evVU2N 
. Hair Brush http://amzn.to/2fOlWKZ

1. I started on freshly washed hair and oiled my scalp to prevent drying out after this protective style will be applied. I used Vinandra Health Solutions Shea Butter Hair and Scalp Oil to moisturize my scalp.





2. I like to massage my scalp when I am done oiling it. My scalp hurts easily and massaging it helps reduce that tender feeling. I had envisioned doing a pin up after applying this crochet so I left out a row of hair to the two sides and back of my hair at the base of my hair, so that that hair could hide as best as possible the crochet in my roots.
 


3. I cornrowed the section that I would leave out temporarily and begin the cornrow for the crochet. The cornrow for the crochet was done in a spiral style. I am amazed I got my hand to turn and twist in all those motions. For the hair that was left at the extreme back of my head that was not apart of the spiral style, I cornrowed those in a snake and ladder fashion.





4. Now it is time to apply the hair by crocheting it in. Please note that this is not a 'How to Crochet Hair Method' tutorial, so if you are not too keen on the crochet method, please feel free in looking it up. I used 1 small pack 12" Afro Kinky Bulk Realistic in the colour 1b by Bijoux and 1 regular pack 20" Afro Kinky Bulk Realistic in the colour 1b by Bijoux. I purchased the 12" by accident and wished I had gotten at least 2 regular size packs of the 20" instead, but I made it work. 





5. To the back and sides I crocheted in the 12" hair first with a Crochet Latch Hook Needle and when I ran out of the 12" hair I put in the 20" hair.






6. After all the hair has been added. We will take average sized sections, detangle completely, trim and two strand twist tightly.






7. Some of the twists got long strings to the ends when I was done, so I put the ends in a loop and carried the hair around and around until it was done to get a curly effect to the edges when those twists gets let out.







8. For each twist we will dip in very hot water in order for the twists to set.



9. Let Twists out after they have been hot watered for Pin Up. I also let out the hair I had let out at the base and brush in an upward position.





10. For the actual Pin Up I grab a big section of the back, roll it upwards like a french roll and pin down.



11.After the back has been fixed I pin the two sides down.




12. When it comes to the front I ensure I pin it forward in order to hide my crochet roots.




Shop beautiful hair extensions for all hair types here at https://luxuryhairdirect.com/join/by/josephinedenny/
Let's Connect:
Twitter: @JosephineDenny_
Instagram: @JosephineDenny
Facebook: Josephine Denny
Snap Chat Josephine Denny

No comments:

Post a Comment